Tidings of Great Joy

Dear Family,

I was tempted to put the title of a Christmas song that has to do with someone saying that they will be in their house before Christmas, but I decided otherwise. I don't even really know where to start writing this email, but I think I will save most of the stories of this week for a few days. :)
Overall, it has been a sweet, and hard, week. Sweet because I have been able to see many blessings and miracles, but hard because I know that soon I will have to leave a place I have come to love very much. Hermana Hernandez and I were able to witness the Primary Program here in Los Jardines, and  really it was very special program. We even got to see J and W, two young children we are teaching, participate and bear their testimonies. I got to take pictures with the members after church, and even with my old mission president, his wife, and their family. 

I can say that going on a mission has been the hardest thing I have done so far, but also the most rewarding and sweetest experience I have had. There were days when "no one was home" and we walked almost all day or when we just had to cry from stress or tiredness and other hard things, but I can say that I wouldn't have it any other way. I am so so very grateful for the opportunity I have had to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have learned so much about Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Learning more of Him and His gospel has changed my life, and I am so grateful for the chance I had to share this glad tidings of great joy with the people of the Dominican Republic. I know that the Book of Mormon blesses our lives as we read and apply it and that Jesus Christ lives. 

Also, I am so grateful for you guys and your help to keep working and even deciding to serve a mission. I am so very excited to see you all soon, I can hardly believe that in a few short days I will be in Boise, Idaho, but whether I can believe it not here it comes. I love you all and can't wait to see you all soon! 

Les amo un monton y nos vemos pronto! 
Hermana Schriever

Comments