Visit from Elder Alonso

Dear family,
In the spirit of the last Hermana Schriever, I will address this email
to all of those who still write me. No, just kidding. ;) I was happy
to hear that Mom, Dad, and Esme (you lucky duck you) got to visit
almost all of the family this past week. A visit from the family is
always a blessing. This week seemed to go by too fast, so I am hoping
to be able to write all that happened. Here goes¨

On Monday we ahd a pretty normal day. Hermana Hernandez and I had a
cleaning party in our apartment and are now the happy renters of the
first clean missionary apartment. On Wednesday we had a member of the
area presidency, Elder Alonso and his wife, come visit us and I
learned a lot. We focused on the Doctrine of Christ, which I have been
reading about in the Book of Mormon recently, and I am always amazed
at how much more there is to learn and how amazing the Atonement is.
On Thursday we had a second meeting with him and talked again about
the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Elder Alonso encouraged us to speak with
all that we meet and all of the people that we teach about Jesus
Christ and to always mention the Doctrine of Christ. We also set a
goal as a mission to speak with 20 new people each day.Hermana
Hernandez and I decided to put in practice what we learned and I have
seen such a blessing.

It is almost Christmas (well, I realize that in the US we still
haven't passed for Thanksgiving yet), and every door we knock on has
Christmas decorations, and I realized that there is no better time of
year to preach of Christ. I can say that I have noticed this week how
sharing and focusing on Jesus Christ and His doctrine has helped us to
connect with more people and fidn more people who are prepared. I love
being able to share with people why we celebrate His birth and that I
know that only through Him can we find peace in this life and live
with our families forever in the ilfe to come.

This Sunday, N and two new families that we are teaching came to
church. It is always exciting to see when the people are able to come
to church and see how they are able to feel the Spirit there. And
today, we had a zone game activity in the main chapel in Santiago and
then went to eat in Burger Kings (since we are here in Santiago
everyone always wants to eat in McDonalds or Burger King).

I hope you all have a wonderful week and hope to hear from you all
soon! I love you all!
Hermana Schriever

Comments