Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Family,

I feel each week I start off writing that I am shocked how fast time goes... and this week is no exception. This week we had a pretty calm week, but it still managed to fly by. I don't have a lot of time, but I will try to summarize quickly what happened. 

We had a fairly normal week from Monday to Thursday. On Friday Hermana Hernandez and I traveled to a little farming town called Constanza, the coldest part of the Dominican Republic (it gets down to about 60 degrees), that is about three hours outside of Santiago. It is a little city up in the montains and the way up there is pretty windy.  It kind of reminds me of a tropical Eastern Idaho, so every time we have gone there I feel a strange tropical dejavu. As we were riding up there, we paused for about two hours because a semi truck had tipped and blocked both lanes of traffic. Needless to say we got there a little late, but after that the trip was pretty normal. We made it back to Santiago the next day like normal. 

Yesterday we found out that Hno N might by moving to Puerto Plata in December, so we are not sure if he will be baptized this next weekend, most likely not if it is certain he will move. We will keep talking with him during the week to see is he is for sure going, but what I do know is that he has grown and changed a lot. I am excited to one day tell you guys all of his story. 

Today I got to visit Navarrete, since this is my last tranfer, and I got to visit Hermana M and a few other members there. It felt like a dream to be back in Navarrete, and it made me so happy to see Hermana M again.

I have been continuing to read the Book of Mormon every day, as the prophet invited us to and I have seen many many blessings from doing so. I wanted to quickly invite you guys to start or to keep going with the goal of finishing it by the end of the year, I have learned so much so far. 

I am almost out of time, but I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so grateful for so many things in my live, and more than amything for you guys and for the opportunity to be a missionary and to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  I love you all and can't wait to hear from you next week!

Hermana Schriever

Visiting Navarrete, a weird fruit called cajuil here (or manaza de agua in other countries), and the ride up to Constanza (don't worry Mom I was inside the cab of the car);) 





Comments