Happy November

Hola a todos! 
How was everyone's week? We weren't able to write yesterday because it was the day of the Consitution of the DR, so all he internet centers were cloes. It could be because it is still about 80 degrees here or that I wake up looking at palm trees, but doesn't seem real to me that we are in November. This week has been an adventure with Hermana Herandez. She is a great missionary adn is always lookng for ways to serve, so I have loved my time with her so far. We have had a few weird experiences, but I feel like that always happens in the first week with a new companion. 

On Tuesday Hermana Escoto and I got to go to the mission house to welcome all of the new missionaries and then we had two of them stay in our house for the night. We woke up early on Wednesday morning to see them off and then Hermana Escoto got picked up to head out for the airport and HErmana Hernandez came. We had a fairly noraml week, and then on Sunday we had a very cool experience with one of the people we teach, named U. She came to church for the first time and by chance this Sunday was fast and testimony meeting. We could see that she felt the Spirit becuase she payed super clsoe attention to all the people who stood up to share their testimony. Almost at the end of the meeting, she tapped us and asked if she could share too. We said yes and she got up and shared her testimony that Heavenly Father answers our prayes and that He loves us. She sahred about her expeirences with the deaths in her family and how she has been able to feel that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. we were excited to see that she liked the Sacrament meeting and that she could feel the Spirit there. 

This week will probably be a little crazy, we have an area seventy leader coming to visit the mission and will have a few special meetings with him and his wife. I am excited and I bet we will learn a lot. I als have been reading the Book of Mormon every day and I am always amazed at how much more theere is to learn every time I read. I have learned and seen that Heavenly Father loves us and that He answers our prayers, just as U said this Sunday. I know that Jesus Christ has the power to change us and to help us in any situation we might face. I love being here and being able to teach others about these things. 
Thank you for writing and I am glad to hear that you are all safe. I love you and hope you have a great week!
Hermana Schriever

Comments