Bees will Buzz, Kids will blow dandelion fuzz...

Dear Family,

How are you all? Another good week that flew by. I think the title for this week was mostly due to the fact that it still feels like June or July here with 80 to 85 degree weather. I am a little worried that the Idaho winter might hit me like a brick, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it. ;) 
I think I talked about it the last week, but the last Monday I got visit Navarrete and see a lot of the people I met there. It was a very special experience, thanks especially to the fact that Hermana Hernandez was willing to run around  Navarrete with me to visit everyone. I'm grateful she is so patient. 

The week was pretty normal up until Friday when we got to have a special meeting with the area presidency president and he came to talk to us about how to better teach people about the Book of Mormon and help them decide to follow Jesus Christ. I feel like I write about the same things each week, but I feel like I am learning so much about the Book of Mormon each week. 

Afterwards Hermana Hernandez and I went to pass for Hermano N, a man we have been teaching for about three months and who was planning on being baptized the next week, told us that he is moving to Puerto Plata, which is a coast city in the north part of the DR (it has lots of beaches and is very pretty if you care to look it up). We were sad to hear the news, but are hoping to send his reference to the missionaries there as a gift. 

We have been very blessed to have gotten to know a lot of amazing people recently, some of them being D and N.  N, unlike most Dominicans, does not believe in God and asked us how we could believe in God and in Jesus Christ. We were more than happy to respond and have started to teach him. He is very sincere and it has been interesting to get to know him. D is the brother of someone we were teaching and came in during one of the lessons and had lots of questions. We are excited to see how the lives of the people we have gotten to know change as they come to believe more in Jesus Christ. 

I was happy to hear you had a good Thanksgiving and hope that you all have a great week. I love you all so much and can't wait to hear from you all next week. 

Hermana Schriever

The computer is being a little difficult but I will try to send pictures next week. :)

Comments