September Ends

Dear family,

I just wanted to say thank you for all the pictures and emails this week. It seems like everyone is doing well and enjoyed the last weekend. I am shocked every week at how fast each day goes. This week was really a wonderful week, Hermana Alvarado and I had a few cool experiences in our lessons and, also wonderful, the weather is starting to cool down. It sounds liek there might be a hurricane that passes for the DR this week, but it doesn't look like it will pass by the Cibao (or Santiago area). We'll see what happens; the last year we stayed inside our house, but it was just like a big thunder storm. 

This week as we taught R, he told us he believes that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. We were so happy to hear becasue he has been diligently reading the Book of Mormon for about 3 months. I know that the Book of Mormon has a lot of power, even to the point of changing our hearts. We also had E, a 15 year old girl, come to church with us. We have been teaching E and her mom for a little while and she decided to gome to church for the first time this week. The first time in everything is always scary so Hermana Alvardo and I were thrilled to see the courage she had in coming. She and her mom both have health issues, and her mom smokes about two packs of cigarettes every day, so we decided to make a deal with them that if she doesn't smoke, Hermana Alvarado and I won't eat any colmado snacks. :) So far we are both doing well or our ends of the deal. 

I don't have a lot of time, but I love you all so much adn was so happy to see the picutres of Elliot, and Poppy, and Seattle. I hope you all ahve a good week this week, a shout out to Anna and Esme! I can't wait to hear from you all soon!

Hermana Schriever

Comments