End of Transfers, Bittersweet

Hello Family!

This week was definitely one of miracles. The last Tuesday Hermana Escoto adn I passed by E's house to teach him with a member and during the lesson he told us that he was ready to be baptized. Woohoo! We were so excited! We had an emergency meeting with our ward mission leader and set up everything for the baptism. On Friday he had his baptimsal interview and on Saturday he was baptized. He had to be baptized twice, because he is very tall and the first time through didn't go all the way under. We were a little worried about him fitting in the baptismal font. But, all ended well. 

We also were able to meet a lot of amazing people this week. We were walking along the street on Wednesady when a member pulled up next to us in her car and told us she had a reference for us and wanted to visit them. We made a quick change of plans and went to visit the reference and when we came the family was all there by chance. When we started to share, the mom told us that she had had questions for a long time and had been looking for someone who could answer them. It was a sweet experience to see that Heavenly Father is preparing many people to receive the blessings that this gospel brings. I have been reading recently in 1 Nephi10 through 13 where it talks about the promise of the Lord to gather Israel, and I feel we have been seeing many blessings of that promise lately. I wish I could share other experiences that we had this week, but for lack of time, they will have to wait until next week. 

It is hard to toh tink that this transfer is almost over. Hermana Escoto is finishing her mission this Wedneday and it will be hard to say good bye, but I am happy to see that she will get to see her family soon. My new companion is Hermana Hernandez, from Columbia. I don't now her super well, but I do know that she is very sweet and speaks English fluently. It will be a good tranfer. 
I love you all and hope you all have a great week! I'll send pictures next week!
Hermana Schriever

Comments