Adios... ?

Hey family!

I still haven't heard if I will be leaving Los Reyes yet, but it is very likely that I'll be leaving this wonderful ward this Wednesday. Luckily the hurricane that was supposedly going to pass for the DR didn't, and it was a pretty calm week. 

We were able to have some very cool lessons this week with Y, R and R. We were explaining the Plan of Salvation to Y and when we explained the steps we need to take to return to live with our Heavenly Father again, she asked if she needed to be baptized again. We were able to explain a little more about the Priesthood and invited her to be baptized. We are planning on her baptismal in the beginning of October. Woohoo! 

Also, R, our abuelito, came to church for the first time thi week. He isa bout 60 years old and unlike most Dominicans has never been part of any church and for the three months that we have taught him, he has never come to chruch. Yesterday he came and said that he wants to come every week! He always tells us in the lessons that he takes decisions slowly but very seriously. I've decided that he would be a perfect example of the turtoise in the turtoise and the hare story: "slow and steady". 

We were finally able to meet the husband of R. The good thing was that he is happy to meet with us; sad part was that they told us they were going to move. We came back a few days later to help them move and Rosmeri told us that she had prayed about moving and felt that they needed to stay and keep meeting with us. it was a pretty cool experience to hear that.

I feel very blessed to have been able to be here in Los Reyes, I don't know if I'm leaving, but I'm guessing that since I have about 5 months here I'll be heading out. If I do leave, it will be one of those bittersweet mission moments.

I wanted to say a quick congratulations to Sam and Lauren and Esme and Anna (for your birthdays, not for having a baby). Les quiero mucho y espero que tengan una semana fantastica! :)
Hermana Schriever


A picture of our zone, minus a few missionaries; a few pictures from this Sunday with members and E, and a picture of Hermana Alvarado and my's first (and mostly likely only) burro friend in the DR (his name is Y).





Comments