Adios Julio y Mangos

Dear family,

It has been a wonderful week here in los Reyes. We had planned the baptism of R for this Satursday, but we weren't able to meet with him during the week so we are planning on the baptism in the next few weeks. This week we also had a couple, M and A, come to church. They are a fun little family, it is always exciting to go to their house because they have both been married before and together have six daughters, some of whom also have daughters, so there is always lots and lots of girls in the house. As Hermana Alvarado put it "pobrecito hombre". 

Hermana Alvarado and I also had a cool experience with one of the youth in our ward. We passed by her house and felt we should stop to talk and when we talked to her she told us she wants to serve a mission but isn't sure how it will work with her studies in the university. We were able to talk to her about the mission and also patriarchal blessings. It was a very sweet experience and it reminded me how blessed I am to be on a mission. 

It is crazy to think how fast July has gone by, the mango season in almost over and transfers are in the next week. I would love to stay another transfer here in the Los Reyes with Hermana Alvarado, but quoting one of my favorite hymns "I'll go where you want me to go", we'll see what happens. Even more crazy to think is that in a few short days, Anna and Colby are getting married! I am so so excited; I wish I could be there to see the wedding, but I know it will be very special and am excited for you both. I hope the visit with all the family, and also Shih Ping's family?, goes well. I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week!
Hermana Schriever


I found out the past week that Y, who got baptized about two months ago, was planning on moving to New York. he left this Wednesday, but we ran into him randomly on the street on Tuesday and were able to take a few last pictures (he was getting his hair cut). Hermana Alvarado and I incognito after a district meeting, a cloudy, pretty day, and a lunch with our hermanas here in the zone. 




Comments