Out Came the Sun and Dried Up all the Rain

Hey family!

The past week was pretty outcast and rainy, but we are starting to really feel the typical DR July weather. From what I've heard from you guys it seems this week has been a spirtually uplifting week for everyone all around. I hope that Sam had a wonderful, wondrful birthday the last Monday, and I can hardly believe that three short weeks Anna and Colby will be getting married. Also, a shoutout to Jake and Anndi, I can't wait to hear if it is a girl or a boy!

Hermana Alvarado and I had a really good week even though there were a few tough moments. We have a lot of people we are teaching who are fantastic, but lately we've had trouble helping them come to church. Our ward here in Los Reyes recently got re-organized so we haven't had a ward council meeting in quite some time, but Hermana Alvarado and I decided we needed to have one this week. Luckily Hermana Alvarado is a little bit more direct than I am (in a good way :) ) and we were able to have a ward council and plan for the members to pass by and visit the people we are teaching. We hope that will help them to be able to come to church and keep feeling loved. R officially has a baptismal date for the 28 of July and we are really excited. R is still reading the Book of Mormon and whenever we pass by he is already sitting out on his porch waiting for us with his Book of Mormon. It always makes me happy when we get to visit him. We continue to find really amazing people each week and I hope I can tell you guys about them soon. 

It has been a good week and I feel like each day I learn mroe and more. We'll be having interviews with our new President soon and I am excited to get to know him and his wife more. They are both very very sweet. I feel very blessed to have them here and also to have Hermana Alvarado as my companion. I'm learning a lot from her, and not just how to cook comida Nicaragüense.
I love you all so much and hope to hear from you soon! Have a wonderful week!







Comments