Fourth of July y Nuevo Presidente

Hey Family!

I hope you all had a good fourth of July with lots of fireworks and food. Here the fourth of July was pretty calm, I wore, if you can imagine, red, white, and blue, and my companion and I found a little place in our area that sells hotdogs. It was a calm, but good, Fourth of July. Nothing too crazy. :)

We had our first two meetings with Presidente and Hermana Cowan this week. They are from Arizona (Mesa?) and are both very sweet. President Cowan served in the Domincan Republic when it was one mission, and speaks Spanish very well. Hermana Cowan is learning Spanish and is very very sweet. There haven´t been too many changes yet, but a new change that the First Presidency announced is that they want us to avoid using the word ¨investigater¨ and also, that we shouldn´t use the nickname ¨Mormon¨. Apart for that, things have been pretty normal. :)

This week (and last) Hermana Alvarado and I got the chance to meet some pretty amazing amazing people. We met a woman, named K, who is from Haiti but has traveled through almost all of Central America on foot. She has a lot of crazy stories and has been through a lot, but is an amazing person. We also met a few young families that we are really excited about. We are still teaching R, I think I have mentioned him a few times, and he is doing really well. We´re hoping he can be baptized the 21 of July. We are also teaching an older man, named R, who is super sweet and calls us his nietas, or granddaughters. All of his family are part of the Evangelical church but he has never been part of any church and is really excited to learn more about the Book of Mormon. the first time we met him, we left him 3 Nephi 11 to read, but he thought we left from 3 Nephi to the end of the Book of Mormon and when we came back he said I´m sorry I couldn´t finish it all¨and then showed us that he had read about 50 pages of the Book of Mormon in about three days. We told him it was okay and that we had really just left one chapter, but we are excited to see what happens with R. I have learned a lot that the Book of Mormon is a very amazing book, and I want to invite you (yup, a missionary invitation coming up). all to read the Book of Mormon every day. I know it will be a blessing and a help in many ways. 

I loved getting more picutres of Pippa! She is very cute (I have two very cute new nieces and nephews to look forward to seeing) and it seems like Chloe is adjusting to havnig a younger sibling. I hope that you all have had a great week and that Girls Camp, work, school, rotations, the babies, all go well this week. I love you!

Hermana Schriever

Comments