Welcome Baby Elliot

Dear family,

Wow, to say the least it was very fun to open my email this week. Baby Elliot is absolutely beautiful and I can't express how excited I am to meet him one day. I guess for now photos will have to do. :) Hearing about a new nephew and seeing pictures are two very different things, and I think it is just starting to hit home that we have a wonderful new member of the family. :) Felicidades Kiana and Sam, he sure is beautiful. :)

I got transferred from Navarrete to Santiago on Wednesday and I'm with my first de pura sepa Dominican companion, Hermana Espinal. :)  She is absolutely fantastic and we get along well. She is very sweet and very fun, and I feel very lucky to be her companion. She actually speaks English fluently, but we mostly speak Spanish. I learn something new everyday and I think it will be a good thing for my Spanish. My new ward is wonderful and they are all very welcoming. We are still getting habichuelas con dulce (an Easter treat here), but I'm okay with that because it's super yummy. Santiago feels very different from Navarrete, but I like it here and we are teaching a lot of very cool people. One of the people we are teaching is named B, a 16 year old girl, and she has a lot of desire to learn more about the gospel. We taught her the Plan of Salvation this week and I am remembering why this is my favorite lesson to teach. It shows us that we each have a divine origen and potential and that there is always hope, not to mention that we are very very loved by our Heavenly Father. I've been thinking a lot about the talk from Elder Brian K Taylor a lot this week from this past General Conference about how we are children of God and what that means. It is important to remember who we are and that we are loved. I've been reading in Alma 30- 40 this week, which teaches about the Plan of Salvation, and am learning more and more each day about how much Heavenly Father loves us and how He has a plan for each one of us. Okay, sorry for the missionary rant, I just think the Plan of Salvation is amazing. :) 

It sounds like it was a crazy, but very memorable, week for everyone. I hope that all the college students can finish the semester studying hard (and getting enough sleep) and that work, school, and everything else is going well. I love you all and hope you have a great week. I can't wait to see more pictures of Elliot and hear from you all soon. Love you all!

Hermana Schriever
 Mi companera y yo


Part of our zone... one of these things is not like the others

Comments