Bautismo de B

Hey family!


This week was a good one, we had a very cool zone conference and then we also got to see Brisa be baptized. It was also a pretty exciting week for the Brice family, with five graduations! Congrats Sam, Sam, Jake, Anndi, and Lauren! I'm sure all the BYU students are happy that finals are over. 

On Saturday B was baptized and it was kind of like a crazy ward party. The ward here is great and all the young women and men came to the baptism, so it was a little crazy. Hermana Espinal and I made brownies and we ran out because we weren't expecting so many people to come. It was amazing to see the changes as she prepared to be baptized and we are excited to keep seeing changes in her life. She is a pretty cool person and it has made me happy to see how the gospel has changed her life. I feel pretty blessed to have gotten to know her. 

We also met some very cool people this week. we had a lesson with a family and during the lesson a bunch of friends of the son of the family came and we got to meet and teach them. It was funny because we had visited the family of one of the friends earlier that day and got to meet him a second time and joked that we would probably see him again in the next lesson. We didn't, but he still got almost two hours of missionary lessons in one day, poor guy. 

Hermana Espinal and I have been reading the Book of Mormon together in English and Spanish (she in English and me in Spanish) and I've been learning a lot. She teaches me new Dominican words every day and I've been realizing how much more everything makes sense. ;) It has been a fun process and I can't wait to teach you all some Dominican slang when I get home. 

I can{t believe that it is almost Mother's day. ​​​​​​​​​​​​I still dont know where we are going to call, but if you guys could let me know what times would be best to write that owuld be great. We have church from 8 to 11:00 here, or I think that is 6 to 9 Boise time, but I think anytime after that would be okay. I can{t wait to talk to you all soon. 

Pictures of the baptism with B and (some) of the YW




Comments