General Conference and Transfers

Hola a todos!

This week was an exciting one with Conference and Easter all in one week. It sounds like we are still waiting for the Schlindly baby, but I think he´ll be coming soon. I can´t wait to see pictures. :)

Everyone in the DR has from Thursday to Sunday off and all the students don´t have any school for Easter week, so it means that the streets are pretty empty because most people go to the beach or to visit family. That made this week a little tough, but overall it was a good week with lots of highlights. Being on a mission during Easter, especially for an Easter Conference, is quite a cool experience. I´ve tried to focus a lot on why we celebrate Easter and what makes it such a special day, and I know that it is because our Savior, Jesus Christ, died and was resurrected so that we might all live again with our Heavenly Father one day. 

I learned a lot from Conference, and I´m sure you guys did too. I think my favorite talks had to be Elder Bednar´s, the second talk in the Saturday morning session and President Nelson´s. I felt like we heard a lot of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how it applies to our life, how we can be more like Him, and also about personal revelation. Overall, just a very very good conference. It sounds like there will be a lot of changes happening and I am excited to see the improvements and all the good things that come from them. 

Speaking of changes, I found out today I´ll be leaving good ol´ Navarrete for sure. It is always a bitter sweet feeling, I love being able to look back on my time here, but I will definitely miss the wonderful people here. My compa, Hermana Henry, I´m sure is ready para botarme and get a new companion. ;) Just kidding. 

I´m glad to here that everyone had a good conference weekend and that everyone is safe. I love you all so much and hope that you all have a wonderful week! Can´t wait to hear from you all next week!

Pictures: saying goodbye, sorry this is probably an overload of pictures with random people. 







Comments