J and Transfers

Hey family!

It sounds like everyone had a wonderful Christmas Break and that things are starting to get back to normal. It is always a hard start back to reality after Christmas Break, but I hope that this week goes well for everyone. 

This week was a wonderful week for Hermana Neil and I. We got the chance to see our friend J get baptized and confirmed. It was raining gatos y perros y chivos this week so we took pictures inside teh church. J doesn't like to smile for pictures, but I think we got a few with her smiling so I´ll tryto send those. She was so excited and was so very happy after, it made me happy to see. She was really prepared to recieve the gospel of Jesus Christ and already is sharing it with her family and neighbors. I couldn't be more excited for her. 

This week we really did see a ton of rain and one day we forgot our umbrellas so we had a fun day running from lesson to lesson trying not to get super wet. Also everyone here yells out their door ¨No se mojan!¨ or don't get wet! when they see us walking by when it is raining. We also had a really exciting lesson with a menos activo member named N. She is 14 and got baptized in August but hasn't been coming to church. We have been visiting her and encouraging her read the Book of Mormon everyday and come to church. We decided to go and visit her and act out a BOM story. We got there and she was reading the part where the wicked people of Jerusalem try to kill Lehi. Needless to say it was an exciting lesson, she decided she wanted to be the wicked people and that her cousin was Lehi. I felt a lot more sympathy for Lehi after the lesson, but it was really fun ad I think they both liked it. 

As far as transfers go, it will be an exciting new transfer. I'm sad to say that Hermana Neil is leaving Navarrete and I'm really sad to see her go. We had a lot of fun together, but still managed to work really hard and try our best.I was also shocked to find out that I´ll be training this next transfer. I don't know if my companion will be gringa or latina, but we'll find out on Wednesday. I'm excited but also pretty nervous. If you guys have any tips, I'd love to hear them. I know it will be an exciting, learning experience, but I also know that Heavenly Father always is here to help us. I I´ll be sure to let you guys know more next week. I hope you all have a wonderful week! I can't wait to hear about the baby soon and how you are all doing! Thank you for your love, emails, and all you guys do! I love you!

Hermana Schriever

The baptism with J, M, and Hermana Neil and I




Comments