Feliz Cumpleaños y Lluvia

Hey family,

Thank you for all your sweet emails and notes, I have had a great birthday and I am so grateful that I get to be in such a wonderful family. Being on the mission has helped me appreciate having a good family even more and I know that I lucked out when it came to picking a family. This week was definitely a good week. We met a lot of wonderful people this week and we are excited to teach them. We also had a lot of rain this week so we enjoyed singing in the rain and getting to use our umbrellas. We also had three of our investigators come to church and our friend and recent convert, J, gave the closing prayer in church. She was super excited and it made me happy to see. I also met a member who served in Dan McGregor's mission with him, Elder Montan. I guess Dan was his zone leader. He told me to tell Dan that he is his papichulo favorito. I don't know what that means exactly, but I'm sure Dan will understand the mexican slang. 

I don't have a lot of time, but today we had a zone activity and my zone surprised me with cake and a happy birthday video. I can't send the pcitures this week, but the funny thing was that the hermana leaders forgot a knife so the elders thought it would be really funny if they cleaned the chapel's hachet and used it to cut the cake, so that is exactly what they did. I can say I got to enjoy a birthday, dominican style. I have a lot of fun pictures of us using an ax to cut the birthday cake that I will try to send next week. 

I hope that you all have had a great week and I'm sorry this email isn't very exciting, I'll try to be better next week. I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful, maybe snowy, week! I love you guys.

Hermana Schriever

Comments