Feliz Año Nuevo a Todos!

Dear family,


I can´t tell you all how wonderful it was to hear from you all this past week. I couldn´t help but think of Chloe´s cute ¨Oh my goodness, oh my gosh¨ during this week and getting to hear all of your voices.  I also want to say congratulations to Sam and Kiana for a happy two years of marriage. Seems crazy that you guys have been married now for two years, the time passes so fast. 

This week has been a good one, I honestly can say I have loved my (now not so) new area and companion. Hermana Neil has six months in Navarrete so we´re guessing she´ll leave this next transfer and I will be very sad to see her go. We´ve had a lot of fun times and have worked really hard. Transfers are this next Wednesday, so we´ll see how it goes. 

After we called on Monday we ate at a member´s house. We tried to go caroling after too, most of the people weren't in their houses and caroling doesn´t exist here, so I think some of the people were kind of confused, but it was still fun. 

On Wednesday while we were walking it started raining really hard for about twenty minutes and I forgot my umbrella so we ran into a colmado and talked to all the people inside while we waited for the rain to let up. We laughed after about being soaking wet and trying to ask the owner for his number and then plastic bags to cover our bags.

We´ve been focusing a lot on J, our friend who is getting baptized this Friday. She is probably one of the most giving and kind people I have met so far on my mission and I know she is very ready to be baptized. Hermana Neil and I tried to take pictures with her but she wasn´t smiling in any  of them. I promise that she really is happy when we come, it just doesnt´look like it in the pictures. I also found out that Jeudis and Marielis, the young couple in the Primaveras who were going to get married but decided to cancel teh wedding, are planning on getting married and baptized the 27 of January. I´m really excited for them and might try to travel to see their baptism. We´ll see what happens. 

I wanted to just say thank you to you all for th fun Christmas call and for all you guys do for me. I know I´m not very good at writing perosnal emails to you all, but it is something I hope to work on. You guys are amazing, i couldn´t have asked for a better family. As it is the start of a New Year, I want to challenge each of you guys to set some goals for this next year. I´m still working on making my goals, but I know that when we do it helps us grow a lot. I love you all and am grateful you all had a good Christmas and a good New Year. Have a great week and feliz ano nuevo!

Hermana Schriever

Hermana Neil and I, us wearing the reindeer antlers that Hermana Neil´s mom sent (maybe I shouldn´t sent embarassing pictures, but here it goes), our Christmas dinner, Jeoly 






Comments