It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Hey Family!

I hope you are all doing well and that you all have a good drive up to Boise for Christmas. This week was a good week and we met a lot of wonderful people, and I know that this next week will be just as good. Mom asked me if people have been more open since it is Christmas. I have to say that everyone is a lot more busy so it is hard to meet with them, but I have felt like a lot of people have been more open to hearing about the Atonement and Jesus Christ. We have been having more of a hard time having people come to church, just because they are visting family. 
I want to share about a few people we are teaching and a few cool experiences we had this week. 

First off, there is a recent convert in our ward named M, and she is an older lady but is very fiesty. Hermana Neil and I decided that if she was to be a movie character, she would be Ray, the firefly from Princess and the Frog. She is a funny lady and she has a very Dominican accent when she speaks, but loves to come to lessons with us and is very very sweet and happy. We are teaching J, I think I mentioned her last week, but she is 27 years out and is from Haiti and is one of the most hard working and faith-filled people I have met. She always tells us that if Heavenly Father asks us to do something, we should go on foot to the end of the world to do it, and she does. She is very sweet and really wants to find the peace and happiness that the gospel brings. We met J this past week, and she is 15 years old but is married (not legally, they call it union libre here) and has a little boy. It is always amazing to me to see such young girls having kids, but here that is very common. She is shy, but very sweet, and came to church this Sunday. We want to start sharing with her husband, and we'll see what happens with that. 

We also had a few cool experiences this week. We have tried to share more about Jesus Christ this week and the people have been very open to letting us in. I am excited to tell you more about this experiences when we get to talk this next week. I am out of time, but I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the Christmas season. I can't wait to talk to you all this next week. Merry Christmas, and I invite you all to watch the Christmas videos about service Illuminate the World, that the church sent out. I love you all, can't wait until next Monday!

Hermana Schriever

Comments