Ahora Para Navarrete

Hey familia!

I hope that the post-Thanksgiving week has been good and that going back to work, school, ect. has been okay. Only a few more weeks until Christmas. ;) I have to say this week has been kind of crazy, but very good. Om Tuesday we passed by a lot of people to say good bye and then Wednesday morning I headed out.

 I am here in Navarrete and so far I have loved it. It is a lot less hilly than Las Primaveras and the people here are very friendly. I have also had some fun discoveries here, which I found out you guys already know about. This week at church there were three members who recognized my name because.... they served their missions with Sam! It was a cool experience to hear about some of their experiences in El Salvador and later we passed by one of their houses, and the family had a picture of Sam and his companion (the member) on their mantel. Little did you know Sam, but you are famous all over the world. 

My companion is Hermana Neil and she is from Mesa Arizona, not all that far from Eli and Shih Ping. She is super cute and is very easy going. She went to BYU Hawaii and she loves to dance and is very friendly. We are alike in a lot of ways, which makes it kind of fun. 

So far we have been working hard and have been teaching a lot of good lessons. We are teaching a lot of really good people, I am still learning all of their names, who love reading the Book of Mormon. Unfortunately, a lot of them work every other Sunday and couldn´t come this Sunday, but we´ll keep working with that. We are teaching a few Haitian families and it has been fun to use my (very limited) Creole when we teach. They get really excited when I can ask them how they are doing, but find out pretty quickly that  I don´t know very much beyond that. I guess I´l will just have to keep working on my Creole. 

We got to watch the Christmas devotional from the First Presidency and it was super good, I would encourage you guys to watch it if you have the time. It is crazy how fast Christmas is coming. My companion and I have started amking snowflakes for our windows (as tradition) and have hung up the Christmas tree that you guys sent me in the MTC. I hope you all have a great week. I love you all so much!

Hna Schriever

Comments