Conferencia con Elder Cook

Dear family,
How is everything going? Today we have mostly been relaxing and cleaning and then we also had to travel to Santiago, but it has been nice to have a calm p day. I don´t have a ton of time, but I want to talk about this week because it really was a really amazing week. From what I hear from you guys, it sounds like you guys all had a good week too.

 Hermana Julien and I are working hard with the families and people we are teaching. We have a young couple, Marielis and Jeudis, and a 15 young old, Yadelis, who we are hoping will be baptized the 25 this month. THey are all doing well and we are happy for them. We are also teaching a few other families, but this week we weren´t able to teach all of them because they were traveling or busy. We are still finding a lot of new people, which amazes me because my area is pretty small and some days it seems like I´ve walked down every street, but we still find new people everyday. It has been cool to meet all these new people and see all the ways the gospel can bless them and their families. I have come to realize that really every problem we may have, whether it is economic, that we want to be more happy, etc., can be solved through the gospel and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It really is amazing. 

Another big part of this week was that all the missions in the DR got to hear from Elder Cook, what was even cooler was that he came to the Santiago mission so we got to see and be in the same room with him instead of watching a broadcast. I think the most important things I learned were that each of us has a purpose and that God has a plan for us individually. I also learned a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and why it is important. Something I learned for myself here, from seeing others repent, and from this conference was that we really never are alone in our trials and that we are never too far past to change and repent. 

It sounds like this upcoming week will be filled with lots of temple celebrations, and other crazy things. I hope that you all have a great week and know how much I love you! I can´t wait to hear from you all next week!

Hermana Schriever

Pictures after the Conference in the Santiago mission office




Comments