Conferences and a Nephew!

Hey Family!

First off, congrats Sam and Kiana! I was so excited to find out that I will have my first nephew in a few months and I couldn´t be more excited for you guys! Woohoo! Pretty crazy, but I´m so happy for you guys! This week has been a good week. We had a zone conference this Thursday and we always learn a lot during the zone conferences. One thing that I really liked was that we talked a lot about the importance of the Book of Mormon and I´ve been thinking a lot about the influence the Book of Mormon has made in my life. There have been many times when I have found an anwswer to my questions or comfort in the Book of Mormon and I love getting to share these experiences with the people here. We also have our mission conference with Elder Cook this week so it will be another good week with lots of learning going on. 

Side note about the food, my companion and I have been making lots of food together and I remembered to take a picture this week. Here in the DR they eat a lot of rice (PILA de rice), salami, yucca, and normally we buy lots of avacados. The picture I´m going to send is yucca (the one time I remember to take a picutre, we aren´t eating rice), salami, fried cheese (yup, just cheese fried), onion, and avocado. 

We have been teaching a few young couples and two of them have baptism and wedding dates. Marielis (who is the daughter of the Polanco family) and her boyfriend, Jeudis, are going to get married and baptized this month. The members here have been great with helping us with this wedding and we are hoping that they can getting married next week. We are also teaching a couple named Charibel and Jose, who have a seven year old son and an eigth month old daughter. They are a super cute little family and we are hoping they can get married in December. Marielis and Jeudis came to church this week and they really liked it, which made Hermana Julien and I excited. Hermana aJulien and I are learning a lot together and so far we have been doing really well. There are still times when I have to ask her to repeat what she said a few times, but I think Heavenly Father is helping me to understand Spanish more and more every day. 

I don´t have a ton of time, but i want to share a few funny experiences we had this week. First off, we were late the the Gospel Principles class with our investigators this Sunday so as punishment all the people in the class decided that the next Sunday HErmana Julien and I have to bring cookies for everyone. It is our fault for getting to the class late, but really I think they just want cookies. We also had some little kids call us ¨elderas¨, or a feminine version of elders in Spanish, instead of hermanas so now the elders in our district call us ¨elderas¨. 

It sounds like you all had a good Halloween. I loved the Monsters Inc costumes. I hope you all have a good week and that school and work all go well. I´m excited to hear about the Meridian temple opening and how that all goes. I bet the temple is so beautiful, I can´t wait to see it. I love you all! 
Hermana SChriever

A picture of the food and the view from our house. I had intercambios and since Hermana Lynch (my last comp) is an hermana lider, we had intercambios together and took pictures from our view on our roof. 








Comments