Transfers!

Hey Family!
First off, happy birthday DAD, I hope you had a great day yesterday and that your week continues to go well! Second off, thank you thank you for the audio letter from you all. It made my week to hear all of your guys´ voices and conversations. I want to answer Eli´s question about crazy food. So far I haven´t had trigo (or wheat) with sardines, but I have had a lot of fried platinos and lots and lots of rice. They do have a dessert here that I really like called trigo con leche, which is kind of like rice pudding but with wheat.  THey also have a dish here called San Cocho that is a kind of soap that normally has potatoes and carrots, a mystery meat (normally chicken, but I don´t always ask or know), and whatever other kind of food that happens to be in the house. I haven´t tried tripe yet, but I´m sure sometime during my mission I´ll eat it. Hopefully I try some crazier food soon because according to Eli, if you haven´t eaten crazy food, you haven´t been on a mission. also your description of Chloe´s speech reminds me a little of my Spanish. I feel like I am getting better and better everyday but there are still times when the conversasion goes way over my head. 

This week we found and taught a few new families and  I am excited to see what happens with these families. Most of the investigators we have aren´t whole families, but I do love teaching families because it is amazing to see the changes that happen as they learn and change together. Right now we are really focusing on a few investigators: J P, a 17 year old boy who really wants to get baptized but his mom is very strictly Catholic so we´ll see what happens there, and M, who is a lawyer and speaks English. M always has lots of great questions for us and is almost ready to be baptized. We also started teaching the two daughters of the familia P and we´re hoping they will continue to come to church with their family and meet with us. It has been a crazy week, but it has been a good week. 

We have transfers this week and my quess is that I will stay in Primavera, which is totally fine with me, but I do know that my companion will be leaving the area to be an hermana training leader. I´m excited for her and sad to see her go, but I´m excited to meet my new companion this Wednesday and I know that change is always a good thing, just sometimes hard. 

Also, I wanted to say how excited I am to have a new niece or nephew! I can finally announce it in the group email and I have to say I am so happy but still find it hard to believe that when I come back I will have an eight (if I did the math right, yikes), month old niece or nephew I haven´t met. Sam and Kiana I am so so excited for you both. :) 

I hope you all have a great week. I love you so much!
Hermana Schriever

Comments