Mue Le... Como?

Hey family!

This week has been an exciting week with lots of changes. my companion Hermana Lynch got transfered to be an hermana leader for my zone and I got a new companion. Her name is Hermana Julien and she is from Haiti. Spanish is her third language and seeing how it is also not my first language we´ve been having fun with the misunderstandings we´ve had so far. She is super hard working and loves to laugh, all in all a good combo.

I don´t have a ton of time, but I want to talk a little about the things we´ve had this week. The first few days of the transfer were a little stressful just because now I am the one with the most time here and am teaching the area. We all know how good I am with directions, so I was a little nervous at first, but it is actually going really well. The first day all of our citas, or lessons, fell so we did a lot of contacting which is good but really tiring. Luckily after that our lessons have gone a lot better and most of them don´t fall. We have a few investigators who are really good and are hopefully going to be baptized in the next few weeks. We did have a sad lesson this week yesterday because we found out that one of our investigators, J P, can´t get baptized because his mom won´t let him. He is 17 years old and really loves the Book of Mormon and always has really good questions, but his mom is very strict and goes to a different church and won´t let him get baptized. We´re still going to visit him, but we´ll see what happens. 

Today we went to Santiago to have a quick check up at the hospital because my companion hasn´t been feeling too good, so we chilled at the hospital for most of the day and just barely got back from Santiago. It has been a good, but long day.

Also, a funny side note, the Dominicans love Christmas and we are starting to see Christmas lights and trees everywhere and we hear Christmas music on the streets (or from our neighbors who play music really loud in the mornings ;) ). It makes me think of Esme wanting to play Christmas music. ;) 
I don´t have a ton more time, but I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful, fally week. I can´t wait to hear from you guys next week!

Hermana Schriever


Some pictures from the view of the hospital, Hermana Julien and I, and a cool old tree in our area.




  

Comments