General Conference and Wedding Planning!

Hey Family,
I don´t have a ton of time to write, but I´ll do the best I can. This week was crazy, but very very good. We have been planning and working on the wedding for the Familia P this week. They are going to get married baptized this Saturday and we are so excited for them. The wedding will be in the morning and then the parents, R and I, and one of the three daughters, I, is getting baptized that night. The parents have been together for over twenty years but have never gotten married becasue it is really expensive to get married here. We taught them about tithing and fast offerings this week and they said that they want to follow every commandment that Heavenly Father asks them to. They are amazing. We have gotten the food all taken care of, but now we jsut need I´s dress and a cake and we are ready to go. We love them so much and when we call them our Dominican family, they always say ¨Claro que si¨, or of course yes, in English. 
Another amazing part of this week was General Conference, and even though <i missed the fall weather and Mom´s orange rolls, if was a great experience. I watched the Woman´s Conference and the first session in Spanish, which was really cool. It was diffifcult in some parts, but <i  was surprised at how much <i was able to understand. The P family came too and they loved it. I think my favorite talks were by Elder Nelson and Elder Cook, about the Book of Mormon and humilty. I learned so much from each of these talks. Overall,  the theme I saw was of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon, which to me are the most important parts of this gospel. I have loved having the chance to read the Book of Mormon every day on my mission and I have learned a lot from reading it. I don´t have any more time, but I hope you all have a great, autumny week and are safe. Enjoy the cool weather and I´ll try to be better next week. I love you all!
Hermana Schriever


A lizard we found in our house, some cool murals in Jarabacoa, an area in our zone, and Hermana Lynch and I trying to make juice like the Dominicans.  




Comments