District Conference

Querida familia!

We had a busy week this week. We had some good and some hard things, but overall it was a good week. Last Saturday we had to cancel M's, the daughter of the Haitian family, baptism because there was another activity at the church, but we are (hopefully!) going to have it this Saturday. We visited their house  every other day to check up with her and see how things are going.  Her parents want to be baptized but don´t want to get married so we are still working with them. She is very excited and has been coming to church consistently for the past two and a half months. We are very excited for her too and are praying that she can be baptized this week. 

On Thursday we had a big zone conference with three zones and a member of the the quorum of the seventies came and spoke to us.  We talked about faith and repentance and I learned a lot. As missionaries it is easy to see the weaknesses we have, but it is also a great opportunity to learn and I've learned that Heavenly Father really does help and bless us when we are trying our best. Another great part of the conference was I got to accompany my zone in a special musical number of ¨We´ll bring the World His Truth¨and that made me really happy. I play in church every Sunday but there was a real piano at the stake center in Santiago and it made me so happy to get to play it. Hermana Lynch laughed because I was so excited to see a real piano (most of the ones in the chapels are keyboards).

I had a funny experience playing the piano this week during this special meeting for our district (like stake conference) that I want to share. We had a meeting for all the church members in our whole district with the member of the seventies that came and spoke for our zone missionary meeting. I was asked to play the piano for the district choir right before the meeting so we didn´t have a chance to practice beforehand. When we started to play the choir all started to sing in a different key than what I was playing in and I didn´t know what to do so I just kept playing and they kept singing. It ended up sounding a little scary, but after the first song the choir directer told me that they were just going to sing accapella and the rest of the songs sounded really good, the first song just was a little exciting. 

We had a FHE, here they call them Noche de Hogar, with R and I, or the familia P yesterday and they are an amazing family. They have agreed to get married and baptized the first week in October and we couldn´t be more happy for them. They have three daughters, but really only the youngest one, I has been interested in getting baptized, but during the Noche de Hogar all of their family came and listened. They love coming to church and reading the Book of Mormon, and really are an amazing family. 
I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

These are from this week and from the past few weeks:
My grandma, my mission mom, and me at the zone conference
A part of our area, Las Carmelitas!


Comments