Comings and Goings

Hey!
This was my sixth week here in Primavera (Yikes!) and I can´t believe how fast this transfer went by. I´ve had a few questions about Hurricane Irma, so I thought I´d answer those first. We all got an email from Presidente Castillo about safety procautions and what to do if our area is affected by the hurricane. From what I´ve heard, we´re not expecting to be affected very much where I am, but we´ll see. If it does pass by us I think it will be on Thursday. Either way, we´ll be safe. I´m guessing we´ll just have some very rainy, wet days, which really isn´t too uncommon here. 
This week was a good one. My companion and I had to stop teaching a few investigators who weren´t really interested but we had been visiting for awhile. It was hard and sad because we come to love all of the people we teach. We´ll still pass by their houses every once in awhile and maybe they will decide they want to start meeting with us again. But Heavenly Father definitely blessed us by helping us find three new families this week. It was a blessing to find three families in one week, but what is even more amazing is that all three families have both parents. One of the hardest things I have seen here isn´t the poverty, but that most families are made up of a young single mom with two to four kids, all from different dads. But all the families we found this week are all very good, and both parents are interested, yay! Two of the three families came to church this week and the third couldn´t come this week but is planning on coming next Sunday. It really has been a miracle to find these families. We also are teaching Maria, a friend of a member here, who has a drinking problem but really wants to change. We have taught her the first three lessons, about Joseph Smith, The Plan of Salvation, and repentance. She is always so excited to listen and I know that what we are teaching can and are making a difference in her life, which is a privilege for me to see. It has been amazing to teach the people here.
My mission dad (or the elder who had the most time in this area when I came here) is dying this week and so we went to a little touristy town called Jarabacoa and played golf. The town is absolutely beautiful and I´m hoping I can send a few pictures. We were grocery shopping at the La Sirena, kind of like a DR version of Walmart, and after this we will go clean our house. From everyone´s letter, it sounds like it has been an exciting week with lots of school starting. I hope that everyone´s week is great. I know that I will be safe this week and that it will be a good week. Don´t worry, (mostly Mom) :) Los amo muchisimo and espero que tengan una semana maravillosa! 

Hermana Schriever



Comments