De La Nada, La Ultima Semana

Dear Family,

How is it going? From what I've heard there has been some crazy hair dying on Esme's part and some fun trips happening. To explain the subject title of my email, each day we learn Spanish vocabulary and phrases as part of our language study. The first week we were here, one of the hermanas in my district, Hermana Sorensen, learned the phrase "Out of no where, vampire bats!" because she heard that they have vampire bats in Nicaragua and was really worried. Since then we will all say "de la nada... murcielagos vampiros!" randomly in class and in the halls. That always makes our teachers laugh. It really has felt like the end of these six weeks has come out of no where, but I am excited to go to the DR. I am nervous yes, and I know that I don't know what I will experience or go through, but I am excited and so grateful that I get to go. 

It was a pretty typical week here at the MTC, but still a very good week. We've been teaching the other missionaries in our district this week and it has been an interesting experience being on the opposite side of the lesson.  We had in-field orientation yesterday where we go to classes to help prepare us for going on the plane and going to our missions and it was a cool experience. It just reminded me of how close I am to leaving. In terms of Spanish, I feel like I have learned a lot but am still not ready to go to a Spanish-speaking country. I don't think anyone leaves feeling completely ready though, you really just have to go and learn. For Anna and Sam, we have been learning the subjunctive tense and I hope that someday I get it down. :) We had our last boliche noche (bowling night, we think) yesterday night with our zone (thank you for the bowling snacks, I loved the package!). 

I leave the MTC on Tuesday morning at 3:50. We were told to buy a calling card for the airport, so I did and I'm hoping that I will be able to call you guys while I am at the airport. I will arrive in Santiago at midnight on Tuesday night. Woohoo! Today we've mostly been packing and then later we will go to class. 

I think the most important thing I have learned here at the MTC has been that our prayers are always answered and that we can trust in our Heavenly Father for anything we need. I know that is true and I'm sure I'll only come to know that better as I head out to the DR. Also I read a quick, good talk from Elder Eyring on lds.org called "The Reward of Enduring Well", if anyone wants to read it. :)  I can't wait to hear from you next week and to tell you about my experiences in the DR. I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

-Hermana Schriever



Comments