Here at the Provo CCM

Dear Family,
Our p-days in the MTC are on Saturdays so I have only been here for four days. My companion's name is Hermana Burton and she is from Austin, Texas. She is very bubbly and friendly. I have loved getting to know my district. There are six hermanas and six elders in my district, but I am the only one going to the DR. So far I haven't met anyone else going there, but I'm hoping that I will be able to fly there with other missionaries when I leave. I haven't found out my Dear Elder code, but I think it is just my name and mission. I'll keep working on that, (just a hint to write me letters) :). I have gotten the Dear Elders that Anna sent me that didn't have the code on it. I also haven't found out if I am going to be able to go to the DR CCM, but I think I'll find out soon.

 Adjusting to the missionary schedule hasn't been as far as I thought it would be and I have a great district, which makes it easier.  The hermanas in my district are all very friendly and we have a lot of fun. We are in the new building and it is very beautiful and very clean, we are the first class to ever use our classroom. Our teacher (who went to the Dominican Republic!) told us that we are the rowdiest group she has ever taught, and I believe it. The elders and sisters that I am with are all very loud, but we still learn a lot. We taught our first lesson and it was stressful but we were able to respond to "Israel's", our investigator, questions with our limited Spanish. We are busy all the time, but it is a good kind of busy. We wake up at 6:30, get ready, so far we've been having meetings in the morning, we eat lunch, study, and then go to class from 6-9. At 10:30 (ish) we hit the hay and then at 6:30 we start again. We do get to go to the temple every Saturday and we also have an hour of exercise every day, which is kind of fun. The first two days here were pretty hard, but it is getting easier everyday. So far I've been healthy and happy. :) I'm coming to really know that Heavenly Father is aware of our needs and that everything works out the way it should. 

 I'm so glad I got to see you all before I left. I have also seen a few people I know here at the MTC, and it is always fun to see people I know. I hope that Eli, Shih-Ping, and Chloe had a safe drive back to Arizona and that everyone is doing well. I also hope that this next week goes well and that Anna has a good first week back at the good ol' BYU. :) I love you all and hope to hear from you soon! 
love, Hermana Schriever

P.S. I'll try to figure out how to send pictures, but the computers here are very restricted and right now we are all trying to find out how to attach our pictures. Hopefully I can get them to you. If not, I'll try again next week. 






Comments